Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Duggar Family

I just recently finished reading the book The Duggars: 20 and Counting by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar. And it was a tremendously good read!
The Duggar Family (as seen on Discovery Health Channel and TLC) is one of the largest families in America with 19 children (one married and one just born last December). In their book Mr. and Mrs. Duggar share their family's story, the ups and downs, and everything in between. With photos, recipes, and funny snippets throughout, reading 20 and Counting is more like looking through the family's scrapbook.
I was an only child for the first 10 years of my life before my brother and sister were grafted in (adopted) to our family. So I certainly don't know anything about having a multitude for a family. Reading this book gave me a new perspective, encouraged me, and completely entertained me.
It was great seeing another family who homeschools and has home church thrive in our culture. I think this is a must read for anyone who has ever thought about having a family of their own.

No comments: