Sunday, April 5, 2009

Thoughts From The Kitchen

Cooking is lots of fun, in my own oppinion. I remember when I was younger and I would be so flustered and upset when I would cook a meal or bake some goodies for my family. I was so nervous about making a mistake that in the end I usually did! But now that I am older and have had lots of practice (and mistakes!) cooking and baking tends to go a lot smoother for me... with even better results!
As I was making the entree for my family's dinner tonight, a thought struck me. What if my mother had never taken the time to teach me how to cook? What if I had married without furthering my culinary skills? I would be struggling a lot at meal times, and would also be subjecting my new husband to all those common mistakes made by new chefs.
I am so thankful for a patient mom who taught me the tricks of the trade. I am so thankful for this time that God has given me to perfect my culinary skills before entering into marriage. And I am sure that my future husband will be thankful that I made all those mistakes years ago instead of in our first year of marriage. :-)

No comments: